Basic Brewing Techniques
Basic Brewing Tips:
- Ratio matters - brewing at a ratio between 18:1 and 20:1 will bring out the unique flavors of a coffee. This is a water to coffee ratio in grams which you can calculate with some simple math.
- Water temperature - water just off boil is ideal to properly extract your coffee. This is between 190 - 205 degrees.
- Conversions - since we don't all have kitchen scales that measure in grams... 1 tablespoon of coffee is approximately 9 grams.
- Grind - depending on how you are brewing your coffee the consistency of the grind is important. Coarse like sea salt for french press to fine like powdered sugar for espresso.
- Storage - this is easy... out of light in a closed container. We love mason jars for this.